Arrival at Bari airport. Meeting with the guide and visit to the Wine Museum with its winery in Alberobello. Lunch/tasting of 3 local wines and typical food. Afterwards, guided visit of Alberobello, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and world capital of the trulli. Walking in the monumental area of the trulli between its narrow streets full of typical handicraft shops and small courtyards, you will discover the charm and history of these unique buildings of Puglia. Arrival at a 4 star hotel in Ostuni and accommodation. Dinner at the hotel.
Breakfast and departure to Lecce, considered by many as the “Florence of the South” because of the old town’s rich variety of architecture, culture and history. Guided tour of the city, visiting churches and workshops where the typical papier-mâché and stone are crafted. Lunch at local restaurant. In the afternoon, you will reach a winery for a tasting of three Apulian wines. Then you will visit a sixteenth-century masseria with an underground oil mill and an ancient olive grove. There you will taste olive oil. You’ll then move to Ostuni, known as the “white city”: a fairy-tale village, full of typical handicraft shops overlooking evocative streets and squares. Return to the hotel and dinner.
Breakfast and departure to Altamura to visit an old bakery with a demonstration of bread making and bread and “focaccia” tasting. Afterwards you will visit Matera, a UNESCO heritage site. You will walk in the city of the Sassi (Stones) to know its architecture and the lifestyles adopted until a few decades ago. Guided tour of the Sassi. Lunch in a typical restaurant in the Sassi. End of services.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- 3 nights half board in a 4 star hotel in Ostuni (drinks included)
- 1 lunch in a typical restaurant in Matera (drinks included: water and wine)
- 1 lunch tasting at the winery in Alberobello
- 1 lunch in a restaurant in Lecce (drinks included: water and wine)
- 1 lunch in a restaurant in Bari (drinks included: water and wine)
- Oil tasting in a farm
- Visit to a winery and tasting of three wines in Salento
- Tasting bread in Altamura
- An expert guide for the whole tour
- Transfer by private bus for the entire trip, as scheduled
- Travel to and from Puglia
- Insurance (cancellation, medical expenses, baggage)
- Extras, tips and anything not specified in the fee
- Admission tickets (to pay on the spot)
Mini Culinary Tour
A taste of Puglia in 3 days: a trip to discover a region that has been producing incomparable beauties – both architectural and culinary – thanks to an extraordinary rich and various territory.
Customise your Tour